HAND-EMBROIDERED LADY LIBERTY PILLOW 20X20
Free U.S. shipping on all orders over $50
This original design celebrates our Lady Liberty - a New York (and American) icon! This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
Embroidered entirely by HAND: it takes 40+ hours to make one!
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
* The statue of liberty's official dedication ceremony took place on October 28th 1886.
* This beautiful statue weighs an impressive 450,000 pounds (225 tons).
* During the restoration the new torch was carefully covered with thin sheets of 24K gold (completed in 1986).
* The statue of Liberty is covered in copper which is 3/32 of an inch thick.
* The seven rays on the crown represents each of the seven continents. They measure up to 9 feet each.
* Each of the statues sandals are 25 feet long.
* The Statue is 305 ft 6 in. from the base of the pedestal foundation to the top of the torch.
* French sculptor Auguste Bartholdi created the statue with many workers alongside. They worked ten hour days, seven days a week for 9 years.
* This monument was shipped to America and placed upon Bedloe Island which today is known as Liberty Island. It is only accesible by ferry boat.